Guidelines & Applications
Dates for 2021 still to be confirmed
The BrainsCAN Accelerator Program is a strategic internal funding opportunity with the explicit goal of increasing and accelerating interdisciplinary research within the BrainsCAN initiative and, where appropriate, with our partners. The Accelerator Grants promote curiosity-driven research and high-impact projects in the area of cognitive neuroscience, with the understanding that these may also be high-risk. This commitment to supporting fundamental, blue-sky scientific research will advance understanding of the brain—in health and disease—across the lifespan.
- All applicants must hold an eligible academic appointment with a significant research component. Interdisciplinary and diverse research teams are encouraged.
- A researcher may submit one application per call as a lead applicant. There is no limit to submissions as a co-applicant.
- Projects must clearly contribute to the strategic priorities of BrainsCAN (See BrainsCAN Alignment/Steering document). All project types are acceptable from discovery-based science to end-user translational research. Projects should be novel and not currently funded from any other source
- Two year grant projects: Generally $25,000 to $100,000 total budget.
- Applications must be submitted to BrainsCAN by 4:30 pm on the deadline date via email to email@example.com.
- Lead applicant will submit a ROLA proposal.